
Since we live away from home, and don't have children, Fathers Day has been pretty uneventful. It wasn't until we were at church that I even remembered this special day. However, as the speaker in church began to talk a little about Fathers Day, I got teary eyed as I realized how much I missed being away from my dad today.
My dad is such an amazing man. He can fix and build ANYTHING! From leaky faucets, and broken car door windows that wont roll down, to building an entertainment center out of a 100 year old door (with that one, he had the help of my mom...). He is so talented. He currently owns about 7 old motorcycles that he got for free or really cheap, and as a hobby he loves to fix them up so he and my brothers can ride them. My dad is also HILARIOUS! He is one of the funniest guys I know. And his specialty is always embarrassing his daughter. Before I was married, it was the worst introducing guys to my dad, he always had something interesting to say that would make me blush with embarrassment.
My dad is also so sweet and thoughtful. Anytime my back ached, he would always give me a back rub. He was also the BEST at scratching my back during church, just when my eyes would be drifting off during sacrament meeting, his back scratching would help me stay awake. I know I have been spoiled because I am his only girl, and he has been so great at making me feel loved and appreciated. I know I wouldn't be who I am today without all of my dad's positive reinforcement and bragging to his friends about how proud he was with whatever I was doing in my life. He has really inspired me to be the kind of person that my dad can always be proud of. I LOVE YOU DAD! Happy Fathers day!
1 comment:
Dad says "Thank you, that was very nice! You made me cry."
Post a Comment