Last week I decided to ride my bike over to the beach. It was so nice to relax and listen to the sound of the waves go by. I am really enjoying myself here in Cali. When I first found out we were moving to California for two months, I was really worried with what I would be doing while Lincoln worked. I knew I could probably have gotten job at Wendy's, (or a temp agency) but Lincoln and I both agreed that it would be better if I used this time to do everything I have ever wanted time to do. And I have.
Among the things I was able to accomplish were FINALLY writing the thank yous from our wedding, having time to practice the guitar, reading a ton, catching up in my journal, and making a book from digital pictures from my mission in Argentina. (I used Blurb.com- I highly recommend it!) I started making a book for Lincoln's mission too.
But what has truly saved my sanity was the free month gym pass Lincoln's firm gave me for 24 hour fitness. I love getting up early and going to all the different classes they offer. (yoga, pilates, kick boxing, step, body sculpt... etc) I started taking two or three classes a day, because I have the time! It has been great! Exercising first thing has really helped me structure and organize the rest of the day. I also signed up to volunteer with the YMCA at a local summer program for Spanish speaking kids.... (However, they had to do a background check and it has taken so long, that I won't be able to volunteer because we leave next week). We also have Cable at our apartment- with 20 movie channels. So while I have been making books, or other things, I have also been watching movies... Like right now, as I am typing this, I am watching Patch Adams.
Life is great. I would have never asked for two months "off." But I know that this has been a great opportunity for Lincoln at an amazing firm, and I have really enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Among the things I was able to accomplish were FINALLY writing the thank yous from our wedding, having time to practice the guitar, reading a ton, catching up in my journal, and making a book from digital pictures from my mission in Argentina. (I used Blurb.com- I highly recommend it!) I started making a book for Lincoln's mission too.
But what has truly saved my sanity was the free month gym pass Lincoln's firm gave me for 24 hour fitness. I love getting up early and going to all the different classes they offer. (yoga, pilates, kick boxing, step, body sculpt... etc) I started taking two or three classes a day, because I have the time! It has been great! Exercising first thing has really helped me structure and organize the rest of the day. I also signed up to volunteer with the YMCA at a local summer program for Spanish speaking kids.... (However, they had to do a background check and it has taken so long, that I won't be able to volunteer because we leave next week). We also have Cable at our apartment- with 20 movie channels. So while I have been making books, or other things, I have also been watching movies... Like right now, as I am typing this, I am watching Patch Adams.
Life is great. I would have never asked for two months "off." But I know that this has been a great opportunity for Lincoln at an amazing firm, and I have really enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
7 comments:
Oh the life of Ali! We should all be so lucky to live a life like yours.
By the way, how does one ride a back to the beach?!?!
Love you, my girly, girl!
mom
how fun!!! i wish i would have seen you at the san diego temple. i think i missed you by like 30 minutes or something! LOVE california! keep havin a BLaSt!!!
that sounds like quite a charmed little life, my dear. enjoy it and dont let anyone make you feel guilty, you have all of parenthood to work 24/7
Yes I agree enjoy it! I wish I could go to three gym classes!! I love pilates, kici boxing and cycleing! Also to relax on the beach!! how wonderful
I'm still waiting on the swimsuit tip...
Sounds blissful. You deserve it. I'm really impressed by all the things you were able to accomplish. I'm selfishly glad you're coming back, though!
Lucky, beautiful girl, that sounds like the life! I miss you like crazy out here though, and I can't believe the irony...moving out the day you're moving back in. But it's only 5 miles away, so we can still be same-city friends and get together, and we BETTER! You won't even recognize me and my belly... :)
Post a Comment