
We are having the missionaries and some friends over for dinner next week and I need ideas of what we can make for dinner. But here is the catch, WE DON'T HAVE AN OVEN, STOVE, OR CROCK POT. We do however have a hot plate. Please let me know if you have any ideas!
10 comments:
You could make any kind of salad or even a pasta or spaghetti. Or buying a pizza works, (unless you're having them for Sunday dinner) since most teenage boys love any kind of fast food. Or go buy a little barbecue grill (that you can use for camping later on), and grill hamburgers and hot dogs.
Dad says you could make hobo stew---you just open up a bunch of different cans of food, dump and mix and warm it up. (Not something I personally enjoy, but the boys like it)
no idea but good luck.
Yeah, two words: pizza pizza. Or sandwiches. Grilled cheese and tomato soup! Do you have a George Foreman grill? They're pretty cheap and we use ours all the time.
Our elders love the $5 Little Cesars pizza. We feed them once a month, so about every other month, they get pizza. Hmmmm, what about Bertoli's meals -- you buy them in the freezer section and you cook them in a frying pan. They are usually enough for two people, but I think you can buy them for four people.
Also, I think you can buy soup in the freezer section.
What about spaghetti? That's strictly hot plate.
OK, too many suggestions -- I just feel your pain -- love the elders, but it's a lot of work! Especially after coming home from working all day.
Oh wow, good luck with that! Um, yeah I would have to echo what other people have said ... spaghetti would be good. Or hamburgers - we just got a cheap grill at Walmart for like $20. We had the sister missionaries over for dinner last week and we had a BBQ - it was fun. Hamburgers, chips, noodle salad ... yum!
I'm glad you liked Breaking Dawn. It seriously made me deliriously happy. I just finished reading it for the 2nd time - and loved it even more. Since I can't help myself, I put more thoughts on our book blog (http://booksrockoursocks.blogspot.com/) - some of them addressing what people thought to be an anti-climactic ending.
Anyways, I'm so glad you're into the series. If you have any book suggestions for me , let me know, since I'm on the lookout. :)
Pancakes! Bacon! Breakfast for dinner!
I would recommend those marie calendar's lasagna's I fed you at my apartment when you came to visit. They are seriously so cheap, easy, yummy...
My family ALWAYS does tacos when we have the missionaries over. All you have to 'cook' is the hamburger/beans... then just self serve toppings.
Our favorite salad consists of...lettuce - then top with any that you like, we put them all on the table and let each serve themselves. Our choice of ingredients are: beets (shoestring), black beans, corn, crushed pineapple, manderine oranges, chicken (we grill ours on a George Foreman grill, but any method works just fine), avacodo, tortilla chips (we like Mission strips). The best part (in our opinion) the dressing, a mix of ranch (Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch) & salsa(Herdez mild)- mix to desired taste.
Assemble starting with lettuce then add any toppings each wants then cover with dressing, and chips. Enjoy.
I hope that this helps, we really do love it (so have our missionaries). All of the ingeredients can come out of cans if you desire, so it really makes prep easy. We have it sometimes without the chicken so that way there is no cooking required.
let me know if you want to do this and have any questions. (comment on our blog or email me)
oh my gosh, thank you so much for all your suggestions. I now not only have ideas for dinner with the missionaries, but for dinner during the week! Thanks so much. I should do this more often even when I just don't know what to cook for dinner on any random day. You guys are the best!
Post a Comment