Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The George Washington Masonic Temple

Lincoln and I took a tour of the George Washington National Masonic Temple last week. It was very enlightening.













The picture below is a letter that has a lock of George Washington's hair attached to the top of the seal. The lock of hair was cut right after he died.





While this Masonic temple was dedicated to George Washington, we found out that about 14 of all the U.S. Presidents have been Freemasons.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, yeah, that sounds fascinating!!

Unknown said...

I like your pictures of the outside of the temple :D Albert and I will have to for a tour one of these days.

Lindi said...

This is one of my favorite tours in DC! I think the parallels between mormonism and masons are fascinating!! Thanks again for coming to London's little party...we always love chatting with you guys.

I'm A said...

You guys are just non-stop fun over there. :)

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Interesting and informative... my parents are back east right now... in Boston...

Melanie said...

Interesting...and I love the pics you took. Looks like a great tour!

Megan said...

Can I just say thank you for taking pictures of all the cool places you're going to! It is going to save me a lot of time and money since I don't really have the time or money to head back there anyhow.
p.s. I tagged you on my blog, if you're into that sort of thing.

Ambi Mo said...

You have some fantastic pictures here!

watergirl said...

Did you find the secret treasure in the basement? Nicholas Cage hasn't looked there yet...