Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This one is for the Journal

Because I will be turning this blog into a book about the DC Essig's first year of marriage, this post is going to be a little more personal for our records.(written on Sunday, September 7, 2008)

Three things:


First of all, the cute couple we sublet our apartment to over the summer, Seth and Jane, are fabulous. They left us with a fridge FULL of food. We had no idea most of the sauces even existed, but we have really enjoyed using them. Today Lincoln and I were fasting, and I decided to take a nap, because I was drained of all my energy. A couple hours later I woke up to Lincoln cooking a yummy peanut curry thai chicken with stir fry veggies. (my favorite part was when I opened the george foremen, Lincoln was "grilling" more carrots) The dinner was amazing. Seth and Jane, thank you for leaving all of your expensive food here with us. It has really helped us broaden our cooking horizons.


Second, the last week we were in California I was not feeling very well. Even when we were in Utah the pain didn't go away. Both Lincoln's family and mine thought that I was pregnant. I didn't understand it. However, I for sure am NOT pregnant, and now that we have been back in D.C. I feel great. (I think it was really mostly just the stress of moving again) I really am so happy to be back in school and I love that I have HOMEWORK! It is the greatest thing ever! (long breaks can do that for ya) I am a little sad that this will be our last year of school for a while. Although, Lincoln and I are excited because we are taking a class together this fall. AND we only have classes Monday through Wednesday, so we plan on taking advantage and going on some great weekend vacations.


Third, today was Lincoln and my first time teaching primary in church. We teach 6 adorable 5 year old boys. They are the cutest thing ever. Lincoln couldn't be happier. He reminded me about 10 times on Saturday that we needed to prepare for our lesson. When we sat down and read through it he got excited about all the props we could use for our lesson. When we went to bed that night he felt that we should get up early and read over the lesson a couple more times. He woke up before me and read over the lesson again. He was so concerned about being prepared. When I mentioned that I might change a little bit of one of the stories I was quoting, he told me that I better not so that we don't change any facts- he wanted to make sure that everything we told those little 5 year olds was true and accurate. Then when we got to primary, and we were sitting with the kids, Lincoln was smiling and whispered to me, "this is so much fun!" We taught our lesson and the cute boys behaved so well. After church Lincoln said, "Church was so great today! There was never a dull moment!" He is seriously going to be such a great dad. When I told my mom the story she reminded me how lucky I am to have a husband who prepares for lessons beforehand and doesn't just read through the lesson during sacrament meeting (even if it is just for primary). It is true, just one of the many reasons why Lincoln is so great.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

I really like this post. You guys are so great.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Cute little couple,this was a fun post to read. I think Lincoln will be a cute papa. YOu should make him one....soon.

Sarah said...

Lincoln is a great guy, this is true. I'm glad you're filling better from your mysterious illness. And I can't believe you are excited about homework ;) If you guys feel like visiting upstate New York for one of your weekend getaways, just let us know :)

Kathryn said...

He does sounds great. You guys really sounds like the cutest couple, and your life seems so exciting!

Natster said...

Cute post! Oh... and when did you change your blog background? [ I love it of course ] I remember it being black! :) Glad you are in the blogging world. So fun!

Janey said...

Yay!!!! I love the thai peanut sauce!!! I'm SOOOO glad we left our food with you, we ended up throwing the little food we brought with us away (and now i'm sad that i didn't leave the Stephen's hot cocoa to you!) We miss you sooooo much.

jocie said...

i love you essigs. hopefully zack and i can be like you when we grow up.