Saturday, September 27, 2008

Jim Henson's Muppets


Lincoln and I went to the Smithsonian's International Gallery last week to see Jim Henson's fantastic world. It was BY FAR my favorite gallery I have seen in DC. Seeing all of Jim Henson's creations brought back so many memories. Along with his real Muppets on display, they also showed clips from Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, and of course Fraggle Rock! It brought back SO many memories of the good old days! Lincoln and I felt like little kids again as we toured through our fond memories of Jim Henson's works of art.

Kermit and Fraggle Rock characters.
One of Jim Henson's drawings. It reminded me of one of my little brothers drawings.
The Dark Crystal!!
Bert and Ernie

For those of you who live in the DC area, Jim Henson's Fanstic World is only showing until October 5th so hurry and go see it.

4 comments:

Ambi Mo said...

Abegg- "No Pictures" means "No Pictures." Cell phone pics are still pics. *tisk tisk* I hope they don't see this blog and arrest you.

Unknown said...

I have been wanting to go see this FOREVER. I am totally going.

Rachel said...

Oh man...that sounds AWESOME! I wish I lived there just so I could see that. I used to have a Fraggle Rock lunch box!
Thanks for the pictures... and the tag!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Fellow Blogging Friends,
Our blog is now set to private, as we have had an unknown and unwanted visitor post a nasty comment on our blog recently. You are still invited to view our blog, but I need your email address, in order to add you to our list of invited readers. Please send me the email address you use for blogger to melandstevebarnes@gmail.com, and I will add you right away!
Melanie and Steve