As the summer winded down the firm in California took me out to a couple more events. The last events were some of my favorites. The first was the Del Mar Horse Races. I had never been to a horse race before, and it was a lot of fun to see everyone dressed up for the big event and watch the horses race. The biggest upset of the day was Czecher, who won despite 29:1 odds. FYI: the lower the odds the more likely the horse is to win. Generally, the winner is 3:1 or 3:2, so to win with 29:1 odds was a big deal. So here's a few of the pics from the horse races:Cleaning up the track before the horse race begins.




While the races were fun, my favorite event of the entire summer was sailing just off the Pacific. The firm took us to a sailing school where they gave us a crash course and then we started racing. Thanks to our skipper our boat took first 3 out of 4 times.





Photo finish of the final race:



While the races were fun, my favorite event of the entire summer was sailing just off the Pacific. The firm took us to a sailing school where they gave us a crash course and then we started racing. Thanks to our skipper our boat took first 3 out of 4 times.






5 comments:
Hahaha, no worries about the awkwardness. I am actually the queen of awkward, as I am sure you can tell. It was so good to see you guys! We definitely need to go to lunch soon!
Yes, Dwight, I know. But that's the whole reason for my post, 'cause the crush is WEIRD! Of course, Jim from the Office tops the lists of my all time non-strange crushes. So does Gil Grissom. Mmmmm... he's like 50... or older... but dang!!!
You have done some fun things this summer, dang! I am a weensy bit jealous, if you are wondering. :)
You're going to be so bored by this old place when you come back! Hopefully there will be some fun things going here. Sailing sounds like a blast!
did you feel sick when you went sailing, I have always wanted to do it but I think I will get sick....
wow you guys sure have had a fun summer!! I love all of the stories of your adventures!! Take care
Post a Comment