Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pentagon Memorial

Last week we went to the new September 11th pentagon memorial with the Bessey's. This memorial was very well thought out. We were impressed with all the symbolism and detail that went into it. There are several rows of benches representing individuals. All the benches are organized from youngest to oldest. When you look at the names on the benches and you are facing the Pentagon, they died in the Pentagon. When you look at the names and you are facing the freeway, they died in the plane.












We left this memorial feeling more connected to the people who died here on September 11th 2001.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's really neat. I would like to see that the next time we're in town. What a cool idea for a memorial!

Kaylyn said...

I am so glad you guys had that idea to go over there. It was such a well done memorial and I thought about it for a long time after.

M said...

I'm glad we are no longer secretly blog stalking... BTW, your blog is now officially on my list of favs. I read the DMV post and busted up. Sometime during my second hour at the DMV last week, I started bawling and they finally let me have my way, so I have this red nose and these puffy eyes in my driver's license photo. It was so traumatic that I couldn't get myself to blog about it. But now I am... on someone else's blog. Sorrry.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

That is really cool, I didnt know you hung out with some Bessey's?! I havent seen Ryan in ages. Jessica his younger sister is one of my dearest friends from High School but I never see her anymore.... sad.

Alyse said...

That is great! You guys are so lucky you get to live near all of these fun sights.. I'm jealous :)