Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite...











Last weekend was DC's famous Kite Festival! We headed over to the National Mall with our friends, the Besseys. Lincoln and Ryan did their best to get the kite in the air, and while they got it in the air it only stayed for a few seconds. :(. There were thousands of kites on the Mall of all shapes and sizes. The highlight of the day was the kite fight: 8 large octagon-shaped kites went up in the air and then tried to knock each other out of the sky...

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I am super jealous that you went to fly kites! I totally want to do that Im going to get one for us this spring for sure!!! Nice april fools joke!

Anonymous said...

That looks like tons of fun! Too bad the boys couldn't get the kite going for very long. It sounds like there was a lot of competition for the air space.
And I love the April Fools joke as well! It's funny that it's your missionary 9 month picture! Ha ha!

Sarah said...

That looks so fun! What good pictures!! And your April Fools joke was way funny! We should have done something like that! ;)

Melanie said...

How fun. My brother in law's brother did the same thing. they live just outside DC.

I wish they would do something like that in SLC :0)