Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Words of Inspiration

My friend Jenny wrote on her blog that she was up late and couldn't sleep and decided to write a list of things to improve on. She decided that instead of improving everything all at once, she would take one item at a time each week to work on. She would chose an easy goal one week and then a harder one for the next week. After reading this I realized that there are so many things I could work on as well. I am going to take the same method and chose one thing each week. So here it is:
  • Write in my journal everyday
  • Work out one hour a day
  • No desserts
  • Sleep eight hours every night
  • Wake up at 8:00 a.m. each morning (I know, not that early, but it is for me... :) )
  • Only one hour of recreational internet a day
  • Scripture study one half hour a day
  • Talk to at least one member of my family a day (inlaws, grandparents, etc)
  • Be a sweeter wife, take time to be kinder to my husband
  • Look up something I did not know of Wikipedia everyday
  • Spend one hour everyday on a newfound hobby. (I have yet to find a hobby, so if anyone has suggestions... let me know!)
  • Call or email one friend I haven't talked to in the last three months each day
  • Ten minute prayers night and day
  • Work on Genealogy for a half hour every day
  • Read an old conference talk everyday
  • One sincere, thoughtful act of service each day
  • Don't go to bed until the house is completely clean
  • Take a picture everyday
  • Don't leave a dish in the sink
  • Invite one person that I don't normally hang out with to an activity I go to that week
Let me know if anyone has any other ideas!

For the rest of this week I am going to work on the prayer goal... and I am sure I will be praying that I will be able to keep up with the rest of my goals in the following weeks!

7 comments:

Matt & Ali said...

I typed a whole little paragraph and some how it erased. So here it is again. I love your goals list! I have one that i made i went as far as to make it super cute so i would look at it more.Scrapbooking is my kinda only hobby unless you call shopping a hobby! lol But here are a few of my ideas...
-Go to the Temple weekly. (maybe yours is way to far away?)
-Love all and serve all.
-Live within my means. (back to my so called shopping hobby! i need to slow it down a bit)
I wish i could meet all my goals but i feel like its a roller coaster. I do well with a few for a little bit and then i fall of the wagon and have to start over again.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh my goodness! Are you working right now? That's an impressive list, I admire your ambition.

Annie and Berkeley said...

Very good goals, but NO dessert? Not a good one. I could never. My goal would be..no more than 3 desserts per week...that I could maybe do....just maybe...

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

very ambitious....what a great aspiration!

stephanie said...

That is a long list. Good luck, I have the hardest time fullfilling my goals. I have already broken every new years resolution except for one. I like the pregnant picture, I don't think you will be that big at three weeks! We are excited about the viewmont reunion, i have told people about it thanks for putting it together!

Kristy said...

Awesome list, Ali! I LOVE goals and I think that might have been a love I inherited from you sometime during high school. Thanks for that.

Sunshine Promises said...

What a list . . . as a young mother with a hubby in grad school, it makes me overwhelmed just reading it! Good luck!

And BTW, congrats on the internship. What's the non-profit?