Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kayaking in Catalina

Lincoln's firm took us to Catalina Island last weekend. We took a boat from Newport Beach to Catalina (and just so you know when we found out that we were going at the speed of 30 knots, Lincoln let everyone know that 1 mph = .8689 knots) Once we got to the Island we had a HUGE lunch with the firm at a Mexican restaurant, then we went Kayaking around the river. If anyone knows my husband, you know that he has a need for speed and competition. He wanted to make sure we were rowing fast so that we were in the lead of the group. (He was also willing to use most of the muscle power in order to do so.) We were going fast until people from a boat asked us to help them reach their rope to their booey. And if anyone knows my husband, the only thing that would keep Lincoln from the lead position is if he could be of benefit to someone else. So after we helped the people in the boat, we rowed relaxingly to a mini beach before we headed back.







14 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha ha, your top pictures should be on an advertisement for those kayaks. You cheeses you...

Sarah said...

That looks sooo pretty! And that's such a cute swimming suit!! Where do you find such a cute suit?!?!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Seriously girl, where do you get all your swimsuits! Share your secret!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Lincoln's firm seems awesome! I want Berkeley to have a firm! It looks like you guys are having so much fun!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

What a fun little activity, Lincolns law firms sure entertains you well.

Anonymous said...

I swear you guys are all adventure all the time! HOW freakin FUN FUN!

Melanie said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! You two are such a cute couple.

stephanie said...

You guys are having way to much fun. Live up the life without kids, trust me life changes (For the better) when they come!!

S. Gibson said...

Oh wow, I'm sorry we had to miss that, it looks like it was fun! We will be there on Saturday so we will see you then!

w and w said...

how fun! Next time his firm wants to take us to Catalina I think we'll go. Ali as always you look gorgeous. Still waiting on Wake Forest. We're next in line!

Anjuli said...

Man hook me up with his firm!! You guys look great!!

MaryAnn said...

Um, holy cow. It looks like you guys are having quite the summer. First us, now this?! haha. I think I need to start applying to California firms. I hope you're having a blast!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I love your swimsuit -- what kind is it!

Yeah, and what firm is Lincoln interning for, seriously!? Adam's doing public work -- so he's getting warm fuzzies this summer, not kayak trips. :) I would take kayak trips!

Emily Hamilton said...

Ok...we're jealous! Those pics look so beautiful! We're glad you're having such a great time in Cali!! Now I want to convince Brett to intern in Cali next year. :)