Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer Internship

This summer I had the amazing opportunity to work for the National Center for Victims of Crime. I started the internship in early April, so that I would be able to leave early to go with my hubby to his second internship this summer at a firm in California. I am so grateful for the short, but wonderful time I worked at the National Center. The work was fantastic, and my co-workers made it even better.


What more can you ask for? A great cause to work for, and great people to work with! I would always tell Lincoln that work really felt like I was hanging out with my girlfriends all day. They were so fun and we became really close. Some of my favorite memories included them teaching me about college life outside of Utah, and me teaching them that Mormons are not Amish and don't practice polygamy.


The girls took Lincoln and I out to dinner to say good bye. We went to Laurial Plaza and it was fantastic.
I love these girls!

The National Center for Victims of Crime is a great organization. If you ever need help, or are interested in their organization, I recommend checking out their website. There is a lot of information about victim issues- from stalking to domestic violence.

1 comment:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Wow, what acool internship. I bet it was so interesting. Are you enjoying Cali??