We used our GPS system, nicknamed "Maggie" to help guide the way. However I would get a little jealous when Lincoln would call Maggie "babe."
Some of the scenes we passed along the way...
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Road Trip
Lincoln and I left last Friday and drove through the night to arrive in Utah by Saturday night. The road trip was intense. We only stopped for gas. And at each stop for gas, we ate, used the bathroom, and then switched drivers. I drove most of the night because I am a night person and Lincoln was able to wake up at 4am and then take over- because he is a morning person. It was perfect. I brought my Ipod so that while the other person was sleeping, the driver could use the ear phones and rock out. During the road trip we came to the conclusion that Nebraska and Wyoming are the most boring states to drive through. However, we did enjoy seeing how the scenery became increasingly more brown the longer we drove. What can you expect when driving from the plush green state of Virginia, to the desert know as Utah.





Once we arrived in Utah, Lincoln stayed for two nights with me, then left for Cali to start his internship. I will be flying out to be with my amazing cute hubby next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sound like you guys are off on another adventure, Good Luck!
Hurray for well documented trips! Some day, our children will look back on our blogs and see how cool we are. Isn't it great?
That is some hardcore driving ali - good work
Nice! I don't know if I could do that without going nutso. You guys make a great team!
I agree with the Nebraska observation. I still have nightmares about driving through that state. That was the point during our move at which I could have happily swerved into oncoming traffic. Jealous you are going to be in Cali this summer!
Post a Comment