Thursday, September 11, 2008

Some advice: when going to the DMV or SS office, take the day off.


I am no longer "spiritually" an Essig but legally an Abegg. Today I am now officially spiritually and legally Mrs. Essig. It only took 2 visits to the Social Security office, 3 visits to the DMV and about 5 total hours of waiting in line. (I almost gave up -twice- but I stuck it out and have a new license to show for it.)



Also, last weekend Lincoln and I got to experience some of the effects of hurricane Gustav. I took this picture of Lincoln while he was bathing in the rain. (I love it. He looks so happy!)


6 comments:

Lex said...

I like this new background, i wousl eb lying if I didn't tell you i tried it out once just for fun. I am big into grey red & yellow right now. Its a phase

Kristy said...

Yay Ali! I mourn the demise of "A-begg your pardon," but I celebrate this final step into wedded bliss. Love you!

Sarah said...

Oh that picture of Lincoln is hilarious!!!!!!!!

M. said...

uggg, i remember that feeling. Not that I was changing it for marriage, but registering my car. 4 times. but congrats :)

Kaylyn said...

Congrats on changing your name and surviving the SS office and the DMV!

mare said...

i totally feel your pain. emery's social security card never came so i had to wait in line for nineteen years at the ss office; and i guess that's how a lot of ss# fraud happens, so they treated me like an illegal alien trying to get a ss card. kill me government