As I have mentioned before, Lincoln and I got a great deal renting a basement apartment in the DC area... however, the apartment does not have a stove or oven. (among many other things...) It has been a lot of fun thinking of creative ways to cook dinner. One of Lincoln's favorite dinners is cooking bake potatoes in the mirowave. My favorite quote from him is, "Wow, these potatoes are so moist! I love mircrowaved potatoes!" Recently, Lincoln also discovered that he can cook just about anything in the George Foreman. This is a pic of him making dinner for me. Yes, he is cooking Broccoli and pre-cooked pasta in the George Foreman. It was really good!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Cooking Without a Stove/Oven
As I have mentioned before, Lincoln and I got a great deal renting a basement apartment in the DC area... however, the apartment does not have a stove or oven. (among many other things...) It has been a lot of fun thinking of creative ways to cook dinner. One of Lincoln's favorite dinners is cooking bake potatoes in the mirowave. My favorite quote from him is, "Wow, these potatoes are so moist! I love mircrowaved potatoes!" Recently, Lincoln also discovered that he can cook just about anything in the George Foreman. This is a pic of him making dinner for me. Yes, he is cooking Broccoli and pre-cooked pasta in the George Foreman. It was really good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow! Way to get creative! I have no idea what we would do without a stove/oven ... starve, probably. Good thing you have George Foreman! :)
Nice! We love our George, too.
pasta in the george foreman? i never knew...
Lincoln you are so domestic! I am glad that you are both so innovative and can survive :)Now to figure out how to make cookies on the George...
Wow, I'm impressed! You must really need to be creative. Aren't George Foreman's great? I couldn't live without my crockpot...another great appliance.
Sweet! I am definitely impressed. Ali I just stumbled upon your blog off of Rachel's and it is so cool to see what you and Lincoln are doing out in DC. Your apartment is sooo cute! You always had great style.
Crockpot, george foreman and a hotplate -- do you have a hot plate?
I couldn't live without my crockpot, I hear you can even make cake in them!
Post a Comment