Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

I LOVE the Fourth of JULY. Nothing is more patriotic to me than the little Centerville City parade. I love seeing all the old high school friends that I have not seen forever, and spending some quality time with my family.


My favorite part about the Centerville parade is that they throw out candy. My brothers had a great system going to collect as much candy and other free stuff as possible. They used an umbrella and ended up with a pretty good stash.
They even got a free shirt in there!
This year it was great because now that I am married to Lincoln, I have TWO families from Centerville to hang out with on the 4th of July. Whenever I was bored with my family, I could go hang out with the Essigs. I loved it! (despite the fact that I was wishing that Lincoln could be with me....)


ALSO....

Can I just say that my mom is so amazingly talented. This year I was here to witness my mom making two large flags out of bead board and an old window... It is so fun to come home to a house full of cute fourth of July decorations.



To see more of my moms creations and how she she did it- click HERE

9 comments:

trent and rach henderson... said...

wow ali you are a saint to drive 31hours!! bless your heart. me and trent refuse to drive the 12 hr trip to utah! i do agree that nebraska is the worst state EVER to drive through! i made the mistake of driving through nebraska to visit trent when he played baseball in omaha! i flew the rest the time! your mom's decor is fabulous! i love 4th of july decorations! so cute! have fun in california! talk about going from one coast to the other~

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

what a cute and crafty mother you have.

Melanie said...

Wow, you have quite the talented mother!

aShLie JaNe said...

Yeah! I KNOW! I am glad we are friends. :) Cute Decor!

Heidi said...

woah those really are such great decorations!!! I wish I had money to buy some fun decor for each holiday... or had the talent to make them:) I get my swimsuits all different places but i like my victoria secret and layers ones the best... They are good quality and are super comfy. you should check em out!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

My last comment was lame. What I should've said was..Ali is the best Sister-in-Law in the Universe!

Anonymous said...

ALI! WOW! your mom sure is creative isn't she?! How fun for you to come visit UTah for a bit! YEAH! And freaking 31 hours! Holy moly! My A-D-D would be through the ROOF! It is good to see how you are doing! I saw your blog off Annie's. E-mail me your e-mail address so I can add you to our blog. annalee.barrett@gmail.com! This is Annalee Allred...Barrett..by the way! :)

Hillary Garner said...

Hello! Thanks for commenting on my blog and congratulations to you and Lincoln...it's so fun to see who ends up together and to see that you guys are doing so well! I just checked out your mom's blog and she is amaizing!